9 Common Accounting Interview Questions
Are you interviewing for a part time or flexible schedule accounting position?
If so, here are some common questions you should be prepared to answer in an accounting interview.
1. What would you consider to be your accounting area of expertise?
2. What kinds of accounting reports have you prepared?
3. Have you ever developed or improved any accounting processes?
4. In what ways did you save money for your previous company?
5. Tell me about your attention to detail. What is the biggest mistake you’ve ever caught?
6. Tell me about your technical capabilities. Which accounting applications or programs are you familiar with?
7. What kind of continuing education have you been doing?
8. What do you think is the biggest challenge people in our industry face today?
9. How do you stay up-to-speed on new accounting regulations?
And as with any interview, don’t forget to…
- Research the company so you can ask good questions and avoid embarrassing questions that you could easily find with a quick Google search.
- Be prepared to discuss your qualifications. Know the date you were licensed, and be ready to talk about your strengths, weakness, and any accomplishments.
Still feeling nervous? Read more tips on how to prepare for any interview. Do you have any questions you’ve encountered in an accounting interview to add to this list?
Image courtesy of iStockphoto.com